1lb. cleaned maine mussels
1 t. crushed red pepper
2oz. olive oil
1 table spoon of chopped garlic
1 table spoon of chopped shallots
1 ½ table spoons tarragon
½ table spoon thyme
4 oz. of unsalted butter
4 oz. of white wine (chardonnay)
salt & pepper to taste
1. set a sautéed pan on medium to high heat, add olive oil.
2. add garlic, shallots , thyme, tarragon, crushed red pepper. cook it for 1 minute, until garlic begins to brown.
3. add the mussels, sautéed for 1 minute. pinch of salt & black pepper.
4. add the white wine and cover.
5. let it simmer for 2 minutes, add the butter and gently mix it so it can incorporate.
6. serve grilled bread, preferably baguette. garnish with chopped parsley.