Protein Packed Greek Pasta Salad
Hero Flavor: Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage
• 5 al fresco spinach and feta chicken sausage links, chopped into bite-size chunks
• 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 seedless cucumber, halved length wise then sliced thin
• 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
• 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 box of lentil penne pasta (or regular pasta)
• ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add lentil pasta to water and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes, then strain, return to the pot, and set aside.
• While waiting for pasta to boil, chop vegetables and slice sausage.
• In a medium saute pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Add chicken sausage.
• Sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until sausages are browned.
• Add to the pasta pot with the chopped up tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives.
• Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and toss with pasta.
• Add feta cheese once pasta has chilled or come to room temperature.
• Enjoy at room temp or chilled!