Learn how to make Loco Taqueria’s delicious Short Rib Tacos with the added bonus of Hood Sour Cream Squeeze!
2 lb short rib on the bone
1 spanish onion, rough chop
1 med carrot, rough chop
3 celery stalks, rough chop
6 ea morita chile
12 cloves garlic
2 qts chicken stock
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh corn tortillas
Pickled Red Onion
Habanero Hot Sauce
Hood Sour Cream Squeeze
1. Season meat with salt and pepper.
2. Sear the meat in a pan with oil, on a grill, or a flat top.
3. Roast chopped vegetables in a deep pan at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
4. Place seared meat on top of roasted vegetables.
5. Add chicken stock, morita chile, garlic, and season the stock as needed.
6. Cover tightly with foil and cook for 3 hours at 350 degrees.
7. Let the meat cool until its safe to handle. Shred meat with with two forks or by hand.
8. Build Taco: Tortilla, poblano crema, braised short rib, pico verde, queso fresco, pickled red onion, habanero hot sauce, garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.
9. Top with Hood Sour Cream Squeeze